We all know that the Mother City’s the go-to for historic sites, exciting activities, world-class dining, and stunning beaches, but there’s more.
Check out these 15 reasons to travel to Cape Town that you probably haven’t considered:
- Indulging in a Sunday afternoon township-style party
Enjoy the township vibe, barbecued eats and laid-back vibe at Mzoli’s.
- Sip on beverages at the world’s best coffee shop
Truth Coffee was hailed as the top coffee outlet by The Guardian in 2015.
- Super-friendly and welcoming locals
Wherever you go, you’ll find people eager to show you the city sights.
- Yoga on the beach and everywhere else
Cape Town is awash with wellness culture.
- Africa’s biggest and most amazing art museum, the Zeitz MOCAA
Built from the waterfront grain silos, this building is an artwork in itself.
- As a jumping off point for exploring the Garden Route
Cape Town is your gateway to a host of attractions further afield.
- Hiking, climbing, and sightseeing on one of the world’s new seven wonders
Table Mountain is a major hub of activity and enjoyment in the Mother City.
- Having a meal at one of the world’s top 50 restaurants
The Test Kitchen is world famous for its innovative cuisine.
- Spotting the Big Five at nearby game reserves
Cape Town’s surrounded by natural wonders and wildlife habitats.
- The chance to see South Africa’s version of Alcatraz
Robben Island is a maximum-security prison turned museum and your guide is one of the former inmates.
- Tasting traditional eats from street vendors
On an ordinary day, the streets are filled with a wide choice of eats and you’ll find markets on the go all year round.
- Admiring street art all over town
Cape Town’s creative citizens share their talents on graffiti-bedecked walls in several suburbs.
- Taking the tram to enjoy some of the world’s best wines
The Franschhoek wine tram will get you where you need to be when it comes to fine food and wine.
- Taking in world-class jazz at eateries and pubs
As the home of the annual International Jazz Festival, Cape Town is filled with places to enjoy these sultry tunes.
- It’s a super-affordable destination for international travellers
A favourable exchange rate means everything in Cape Town costs less than you expect.
Find Your Own Reasons to Love the Mother City
If you’re considering travel to Cape Town soon, don’t put it off for too long. The city is one of the best places in South Africa to enjoy a wonderfully warm summer. Book your accommodation now and browse our blog to start planning your Mother City adventure.
Image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Minstrels_-_Cape_Town,_South_Africa_(4028590551).jpg